Minecraft & Friends
Welcome to Harvey's handy dandy friendly guide to getting our minecraft up and running!
Note: All requested mods must work under v. 1.11.2
Note: to play, you need to be whitelisted by Harve!
- No griefing!
- Try and build decently far from other people unless you're building together
- Don't be a prick :D
- GraveStone - Makes a gravestone with items appear at death location
- Fast Leaf Decay - Makes leaves decay faster
- Morpheus - Allows for voting for daytime via sleeping in a bed
- Resource Loader - Adds ability to load custom resources to the game
- Storage Drawers - Adds nice, stack-able, label-able drawers for storage
- Simple Teleporters - Make an ender craftable item that teleports you from A-B
- What Is That - Lets you see the name of the block you're looking at
- Wearable Backpacks - Backpacks for the everyman
- Chisels and Bits - Break down blocks to smaller pieces and decorate better
- Biomes O' Plenty - Adds pretty and new biomes
- Mr. Crayfish's Furniture Mod - Adds a bunch of furniture
- Better Foliage - Makes better looking foliage on trees, etc
- JourneyMap - Maps the world in real-time (FairPlay version)
- Recurrent Complex - Loads of structures, interesting places to explore, etc
- Waystones - Hearthstone to beautiful obelisks!
Certain mods are client side and optional, which can be turned on and off via the Curse Client. These mods include:
- Better Foliage - May make better performance to turn off
- Optifine - Better performance if the shader is off within the game, but Optifine itself claims to boost FPS (untested by us)
- What Is That - Can be destracting, so you can turn it off
- JourneyMap - Maybe the map is too much for you, or maybe you want it to be more of a surprise? Turn it off baby!
Step 1: Install/Setup Curse Client
1. Install the twitch client
If you don't see minecraft on the mods tab:
2. Enable the minecraft plugin:
- Click settings icon top right
- Click addons
- Click minecraft
- Toggle enable minecraft mod management
4. Click the minecraft tab on the curse client
5. Install minecraft if you don't already have it installed
If you have errors downloading after logging into your minecraft account try the following:
7. Make sure you have the latest version of java installed (confirm 64 bit if that's what you have)
8. Click the minecraft icon, change launch method to "Jar launcher" and click 'Ok'
Step 2: Install Our Custom Modpack
2. Open the twitch client, and click the minecraft tab
3. Click "Create Custom Profile"
4. Click "Import" on the top, locate the .zip pack, and open
5. Make version 1.11.2
6. Name it whatever you want
Step 3: Enable a pretty shader
1. Click the downloaded modpack under the curse miencraft tab
2. Find the Optifine mod under "installed mods" and enable it
3. Run minecraft, click options > video settings > shaders... > SEUS-v11.0
Give your computer some time to deal with this change!
Optionally, you can add your own sahders by clicking the shaders folder and putting one there
For Server Installation:
Updated to the following:
Initial installation of mods